Support for You
Breast cancer can be scary and confusing, both for those diagnosed and for their family and friends. It’s important to have a strong support network to help with the physical and emotional demands of this disease. Remember, you are not alone. There are many support services available to assist you on this journey:
- If you are in need of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact Komen Northeast Ohio’s patient navigator, Melanie Downey, at (216) 292-2873 x118 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Komen Northeast Ohio’s patient navigator can assist in finding local resources for free/low-cost mammograms & diagnostic procedures, transportation to/from medical appointments, child care, wigs and/or prosthesis, insurance coverage, cost of living expenses, and a variety of other barriers to receiving care. The navigator can also assist in providing emotional support for those who have been diagnosed and their family members/caregivers, including connections to local support groups and patients undergoing similar treatments.
- A comprehensive list of local and national organizations available for financial assistance can be found here.
- If you are in need of navigation or assistance enrolling in health insurance, information about resources serving our service area can be found here.
- If you are in need of free/low cost breast cancer screenings, information can be found here.
- Call 1-877 GO KOMEN, a free breast care helpline, or e-mail email@example.com to receive professional support services for anyone with breast health and breast cancer concerns, including breast cancer patients and their families.
- If you are interested in participating in or learning more about Breast Cancer Clinical Trials visit BreastCancerTrials.org or ClinicalTrials.gov.
- The Co-Survivor section of Komen’s national website, where friends and family members can share tips and advice, and read personal stories from others who have been in similar situations.
- You can find additional information about financial assistance resources on the Susan G. Komen website.