COVID-19 & Komen Northeast Ohio
March 17, 2020 – Update on Komen Northeast Ohio office in light of COVID-19 pandemic
To Our Komen Northeast Ohio Friends & Supporters,
I know we are all watching the development of the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic with feelings of concern and uncertainty. We all – Komen Northeast Ohio and the world in general – are in uncharted territory, and it is important that we remain calm, show solidarity, and stand by each other in this difficult time.
To protect you, your families, our employees, our Affiliate, and the communities we live and work in, we have decided that Susan G. Komen Northeast Ohio will operate remotely for the immediate future. This means that staff have been asked to work from home. By doing so, we will live up to our social responsibility to prevent the virus from spreading further while also ensuring the business continuity that supports breast cancer patients and their families across our 22 county service area.
We realize that working from home comes with some issues, like limited access to staff and information. Please be reassured that the staff of Komen Northeast Ohio are available to help and have provided personal telephone numbers so you may reach them anytime Monday to Thursday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm and Friday from 9:00 am to 1:30 pm. Please reference the list below to be directed to the appropriate staff person. If you need information, please visit our website anytime at KomenNEOhio.org. For more information on COVID-19 specifcally, please click here.
- For general inquiries about Komen Northeast Ohio, operations, or finance, contact Sean at 440-221-8575 or email@example.com.
- For information on patient navigation, mammography, diagnostics, or patient assistance, contact Melanie at 216-210-1987 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For information on communications, contracts, advocacy, online support groups or conferences/symposiums, contact Gina at 619-733-4671 or email@example.com.
- For information on MORE THAN PINK Walk, contact Andrew at 330-842-7234 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- For information on sponsorships, donations, third party fundraisers, or fund development, contact Pat at 216-408-2335 or email@example.com or Leslie Ahern at 440-309-3990 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please do not hesitate to call on us if you need assistance or guidance in your breast cancer journey during these uncertain times. We are here to help and want to make sure you are all taken care of. You are our top priority.
Even though many of us will be distanced from our colleagues and friends, please stay in touch with each other and offer each other the necessary support. We remain a close, pink and green (for our metastatic breast cancer patients!) family whether we are in the office or not. Take care, stay safe, and wishing you all the best.
Sean W. Shacklett, MPA
Susan G. Komen Northeast Ohio