Additional Support Tools
Grant Request for Applications
- Komen Northeast Ohio’s Grant Guidelines offer a comprehensive overview of the Affiliate’s grantmaking policies and requirements, and includes tips and tricks for writing a strong grant application.
- Komen Northeast Ohio’s Grant Application Checklist helps ensure applications will not be denied or returned for modifications during the Affiliate grant compliance review.
Pathways Model Resources
Komen Northeast Ohio has prepared a variety of templates related to the Pathways model which grant applicants can utilize when developing their 2018-2019 grant projects. These templates are modeled after the Community Health Access Project in Mansfield, OH and may be adapted as seen fit by each program. Templates with an “*” indicate they are required. Please review the 2018-2019 Request for Applications (RFA) for more information on required Pathways, as they are dependent on the projects overall goals and objectives.
Additional Pathways templates, including housing, employment, smoking cessation, etc., can be accessed here.
The Hospital Council of Northwest Ohio’s “Yes MAMM!” program has been incredibly successful in utilizing the Pathways model to serve breast health/cancer patients. The program director has generously provided Komen Northeast Ohio with a presentation, webinar, and additional support tools on their program to serve as a guide for those who have questions about incorporating and implementing Pathways.
- Click here to access the Yes MAMM! webinar.
- Click here to download the Yes MAMM! PowerPoint presentation.
- Click here to download the Memorandum of Understanding used by Yes MAMM!
- Click here to download the fund assistance application used by Yes MAMM!
The Avon Foundation also has a template Memorandum of Understanding applicants can use in establishing partnerships to employ the Pathways model.
In-Person Grant Training Resources
On September 6th, Komen Northeast Ohio hosted an in-person training that covered the new, streamlined funding priority areas, the Pathways program model, expectations of Komen grant applicants and how to incorporate Pathways into existing or new programs, along with information on evaluation and reporting expectations. Applicants who were unable to attend the in-person training are strongly encouraged to review the materials below that were provided at the training.
- Click here to download the PowerPoint presentation, including presenter notes.
- Click here to download a handout that outlines all Health & Human Service organizations that may be potential collaborators for a Pathways model program.
- Additional reporting requirements were added to the 2018-2019 grant reports after the publication of the 2018-2019 RFA. Click here to download Appendix F, which outlines all of the information all awarded grantees will be required to report on. These items should be built into your evaluation and tracking systems highlighted in your application.
Grant eManagement System (GeMS)
- For assistance with Komen’s Grants eManagement System (GeMS), please refer to the GeMS Applicant User Manual.
- Komen Headquarters has provided a PowerPoint presentation that reviews GeMS basics and some updated features to the site.
- The Grant Review Committee Scoring Criteria is available to all applicants.
- Tips from last year’s Grant Reviewer Tips are available to all applicants.
Grant Writing and Evaluation Resources
- Click here to download Grant Writing 101, an online presentation that covers the basics of how to write a grant and the Komen NEO grant application.
- Click here to download Monitoring & Evaluation 101, an online presentation that provides an overview of how to create an evaluation plan, measurable goals and objectives, and a list of evaluation resources available online.